UNFPA Office in Lao PDR is looking for a national/international consultant for Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
Duration of the work: From May to July 2017. The consultancy will be for an initial period of two and a half months, with possibility of extension.
This specific consultancy assignment will focus on:
- Support the development of the NAYFS guideline through full consultative processes with MOH, Department of Health Care (DHC) as the leading agency and its key stakeholders (Vientiane Youth Centre, Lao Youth Union, Lao Women’s Union, Ministry of Education and Sports, and other NGOs working with young people). This may be done through series of workshops to garner inputs and gain consensus from stakeholders, as well as for DHC to own the process and final product. The guideline should cover key components of any health services targeting adolescents to ensure quality and appropriateness
- Strengthen the capacity of health care providers to provide youth-friendly health services. The expert will conceptualise, prepare and conduct a ToT master training for central health care providers to be able to facilitate, supervise and monitor the adolescents and youth friendly services in other health facilities. The training will be based on the draft guideline
- Provide Technical support to the master trainers to conduct pilot testing of the guideline, including conducting training for the district health providers in target provinces (Bokeo and Savannakhet)
- Revise and finalise the NAYFS guideline taking into account lessons learned from the pilot training
- Provide further recommendations and guidance on implementation of the NAYFS guideline
- Take a leading role in providing technical inputs and guidance to the ASRH programme component through various means such as technical inputs, direction and support to strengthen coordination, partnership, capacity development and policy dialogue
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Graduate degree in the field of Public Health, Social Sciences, and/or other adolescent /youth friendly services related fields
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the area of adolescent /youth friendly SRH services and if possible familiar with WHO health guideline
- International practical experience in developing, implementation and monitoring of national guideline and/or training tools/materials on adolescent /youth friendly health services
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking and policy advice are essential
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, facilitation, team working and organisational skills, including ability to coach, supervise and guide teams and achieve anticipated results
- Flexibility in responding to the needs of the contracting agency
- Familiarity with information technology, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Lao/Thai will be considered an advantage
- Experience in working with UNFPA or other UN Agencies will be an asset
- Familiarity with UNFPA’s mandate is an asset
All interested applicants should submit the following:
A cover letter, CV in English with Personal History Form (P11 Form) (providing details of the required experience enumerated above), listing three references and consultancy rates quoted in US Dollars.
Terms of Reference can be obtained here.
Applications should be sent to UNFPA Office, Phonesavanh Tai, P.O. Box 345, Vientiane (Tel: 856 21 315547, 353048-50) or email to: email@example.com indicating “Application for a consultant for SRH”
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 5 April 2017
We will only consider applications with complete P11 attached. UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest. UNFPA reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.